1 888 933-9007
Quitter rapidement


You may have physical or psychological injuries as a result of sexual violence. There are various public programs that offer financial compensation and reimburse expenses related to such injuries, and organizations that can help you submit an application for benefits.

In Québec, the main resource for compensation of victims of criminal acts is the Indemnisation des victimes d’actes criminels, or IVAC. The objective of this program is to support victims during their recovery, providing financial compensation if they are unable to work or reimbursing a portion of their medical or therapy expenses.

To be eligible for the IVAC program, the applicant must provide documentation proving that they were the victim of a criminal act and that they were injured. It is not necessary to have reported the crime to the police.

An application for benefits is filed with the Commission for labour standards, pay equity and occupational health and safety (Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail – CNESST) if the criminal act occurred in the workplace. It is also possible to go through the Human rights and youth rights commission (Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse – CDPDJ) if the act of sexual violence was discriminatory, i.e., if it was based on gender identity or expression, a disability or cultural background.

If the crime was committed outside of Canadian borders, you may contact the federal program for Financial Assistance for Canadians Victimized Abroad.